Monday, June 27, 2011

Birthday Boy

Celebrating number 64 with Champagne High Tea at the Balmoral Hotel with my wonderful partner


Rita really looked after me today and showed that someone still loved me and needed me when I'm 64.  After a great day of touring Edinburgh and going for a wonderful walk up Arthur's Seat we headed back home to change.  Rita had made a reservation at one of the most prestigious hotels in Edinburgh, The Balmoral, for Champagne High Tea.  As it states, we started off with a glass of champagne and then the three tier high tea tray arrives with finger sandwiches, scones and petit fours all washed down with tea served from a silver tea pot.  To add to the calorie count I was presented with a raspberry/chocolate tart with a candle in the centre.  Very posh, very high calorie and very filling.  We made our way home and before going to bed I had the pleasure of reading several happy birthday emails from family and friends.  It was a day to remember. Thank You, my darling Rita.

No comments:

Post a Comment